Expecting guests for Christmas? Make sure you have the space in your entryway for all of their stuff.
When I was a kid, my parents would always heap guests coats and bags in one, unmanageable pile on the bed in their bedroom. This set up is undesirable for many reasons. It makes it awkward for your guests and yourself. Not only do guests now have to break up the festivities to inquire about their belongings if they want to leave, but they are forced to dig for their jacket under the mess. Plus, it invites guests into parts of your home that, if you’re like me, you’d prefer they stay out of. Between dinner prep, cleaning the living room, bathroom and more, there is no time left to clean my bedroom when I’m expecting guests. So why invite them in there?
All of this is easily avoidable.
One simple Google search will show you that there are millions of ways to accomplish an accommodating foyer without construction. Simple pieces of entryway furniture create vertical storage that is great for holidays or everyday use.
I want to draw attention to one multi-purpose entryway organizer in particular. This sleek black design from Whitmor covers all bases. It has hooks for coats, a drawer for personal items, shelves for bags or wallets and an umbrella cubby for wet items. Here are the specifics:
- Constructed from durable, long-lasting wood in an espresso finish.
- A single drawer gives you concealed storage space for accessories.
- Three shelves offer space to store and display a wide array of items.
- Eight double hooks at the top provide space to store coats and hats.
- Bottom stand holds long umbrellas upright and securely in place.
- Prevents you from tracking debris past the entryway of your home.
- Instructions are included for a quick assembly process upon arrival.
I love this piece because it does so much and still looks good. It’s not clunky or over-sized; it looks great in small and large rooms alike and will always be helpful.
For more home organization tips, go to www.stacksandstacks.com/blog/.